How do I join?
Our members are reputable, qualified tradespeople and, as such, there is a strict criteria for SDF membership:
• Employers must have been trading for a minimum of two years
• Alternatively, start-up companies will be assigned an SDF mentor
• Their staff have to be fully trained to SVQ3 standard, and work to proper certified standards and legislation
• They must follow the Federation’s Code of Conduct
• They must possess all the required insurances
• They must have a landline telephone
• They must provide at least two customer references with an inspection to be undertaken to verify their competency.
1. Check you fulfill the criteria
2. Complete an application form and send it with your payment
3. The SDF will check your public liability insurance, references and inspect your work
4. If you’re approved you will be sent your Membership Pack and can access all our services.
For more information, please call us on 01786 448838 and a member of the team will be happy to help.