Appointing an SDF decorator
What to expect from your decorator
We’ve put together a handy how-to guide on appointing your SDF decorator
You can also download a contract for your SDF decorator. Simply print two copies, complete the contract with both parties signing both copies. Keep one copy and give the other to your SDF decorator.
- Always use an SDF member
- Use the FIND A DECORATOR search on the SDF website
- Select three SDF decorators to contact and arrange them to visit you to quote for the job
- Discuss your requirements, budget and timescale with each decorator
- Ask for a written quotation and two references from each decorator (you can also ask to visit a similar job recently undertaken by each decorator)
- Review your three written quotations and select one decorator
- Request a contract setting out agreed budget, materials and timescales and confirm how and when you will make the payment
- Should your decorator be unable to attend any of the agreed days, they should make you aware of this in advance and agree with you when to make up the missed time
- Once the work is finished, make sure you’re satisfied and pay your decorator
- If you require any alterations or further work to be carried out, agree costs and actions in writing with your decorator.